11 Oct Chic Retreats & The Independent Hotel Show unveil ‘the perfect hotel bedroom’ report
Modern guests prefer city chic, mood lighting and locally-produced snacks. Big spenders prefer wooden floors over carpets. Consumers are indifferent to roll top baths in the bedroom, and handwritten note from the hotel manager has little impact.
These are just some of the insights given by a new report we’ve complied with the Independent Hotel Show. The report analyses what elements of a hotel bedroom make today’s leisure and business travellers happy, feel indifferent and what leaves them feeling cold.
The Key Findings
– 57% of respondents prefer carpet over wooden floors, but the ‘big spenders’, who spend more than £300 on a room, prefer wooden floors
– 86% of respondents prefer floor-to-ceiling French door style windows compared with smaller sash style windows
– City chic is preferable to country house
– ‘The aspiring upwards’ (who spend £200 – £300) consider tightly tucked sheets preferable to duvets. For those spending more, duvets are only marginally more popular.
– Free Wi-Fi is the most important piece of technology
– A note from the hotel manager is unpopular with the ‘big spenders’ whilst the aspiring upwards are especially fond of locally-produced snacks in the minibar